• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cs6 can't save JPEGs because there is not enough RAM. Can save all other file types without issue.

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 6.54.49 PM.png

I have more than the top of the ideal range of RAM, and yet whenever I try to save a JPEG, I keep getting this error message:

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 2.56.48 PM.png

I'm able to save other file types without issue from the same photoshop file - Pdfs, .psd, etc.  The problem is only occurring with jpegs. 
I am able to save jpegs with other programs such as preview without issue- the problem is only with photoshop.
I tried opening photoshop in safe mode and the problem was still happening, and resetting the tools/ restarting both the computer and photoshop didn't do anything. I have about 500GB of storage on my computer still, so it's not a space issue.

No idea what's wrong here.  I talked with apple care multiple times and they're positive it's a problem with Photoshop and not the computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Your History States and Cache are very high and can consume ram. You are also above the suggested ram allocation.

Try History 30/Cache 4/Tile 128k

I'd suggest reading this: Photoshop Performance - 10 Simple Steps - Smashing Magazine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it that one document or is it any Photoshop document can not be saved as a jpeg file?  It hard to believe Photoshop can nor save jpeg files. If no document can be save as a jpeg file try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Sound like Apple just wanted to end your call so they pointed to you to look into Photoshop.  I can not say the apple was wrong a Mac should be able to save jpeg files and so should Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your History States and Cache are very high and can consume ram. You are also above the suggested ram allocation.

Try History 30/Cache 4/Tile 128k

I'd suggest reading this: Photoshop Performance - 10 Simple Steps - Smashing Magazine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines