• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I able to get CC updates with paid for standalone versions of LR 5.7 & PS CS6?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day

I have bought both the standalone versions of Photoshop CS6 & Lightroom 5.7 before the Creative Cloud plans were introduced - am I able to get updates for each that would include the newest features offered in CC without re-purchasing the two programs?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

You can get updates for those versions but not Upgrades to the newer versions and feature set without subscribing to the CC plan.

You would need to subscribe to the Photographers Plan for $9.99 (US) a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get updates for those versions but not Upgrades to the newer versions and feature set without subscribing to the CC plan.

You would need to subscribe to the Photographers Plan for $9.99 (US) a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great, thanks so much "Just Shoot Me" I thought as much.

Last question, if I subscribe to the CC Photographer Plan will this then just upgrade my current programs to the CC versions or is it all new downloads & a case of uninstalling the older versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are New versions and will need to be downloaded. You can select to do either leave the older versions installed or have them removed during the install of the newer versions. Read all of the options carefully, Small/Fine Print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would involve the installation of new versions of both programs. Your existing Lightroom catalog will be upgraded to the format required for Lightroom CC. All of your work will remain intact. Your old versions of Lightroom in Photoshop will remain installed and usable as separate programs which you can leave installed or remove, depending on your choice and requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines