• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current Build - PPBM

Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the PPBM a few times on my current machine. I can't tell from the results, but I would have thought my disk time would have been higher? Also, my time seems to be slghtly better than the 2600K listed on the website. Here's the results:

PPBM-2017-03-19_0-10-16-ProjectInF-ExToC.jpg

P8Z68 - 2017-03-22_12-00-55.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

For the most part, those results are typical for a system with a non-overclocked (or default Turbo'd) i7-2600K with a mid-range Fermi-generation GPU. However, the 306 MB/second result in the Disk I/O test is below average for a SATA SSD. This is because you have a budget SSD (an OCZ Trion 100) as your secondary (media/projects) SSD - the Samsung 850 EVO, even at the 250GB capacity point, is capable of well over 400 MB/second in the PPBM Disk I/O test (based on my own testing). What's more, the i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the most part, those results are typical for a system with a non-overclocked (or default Turbo'd) i7-2600K with a mid-range Fermi-generation GPU. However, the 306 MB/second result in the Disk I/O test is below average for a SATA SSD. This is because you have a budget SSD (an OCZ Trion 100) as your secondary (media/projects) SSD - the Samsung 850 EVO, even at the 250GB capacity point, is capable of well over 400 MB/second in the PPBM Disk I/O test (based on my own testing). What's more, the i7-2600K in the CPU-intensive MPEG-2 "MPE Off" test is only slightly faster than my i5-6500 result in that same test.

And the over-300-second result in the H.264 Blu-ray export test is proof that mid-range Fermi GPUs simply cannot keep up with even a mediocre budget Maxwell GPU, let alone the higher-end Pascal GPUs, in Blu-ray exports.

Also, I noticed that you're still running Windows 7. Windows 7 simply does not have the disk I/O performance as newer Windows OSes such as Windows 10. And that's not to mention that USB 3.0 support is not as complete in Windows 7 as it is in Windows 8 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks for that rundown!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the best I could get from my i7-2600k - I've been using it without the TURBO on in the bios, but I had run it that way for a long time. So, this is turbo boosted to 4.4ghz. I ran this with the PPBM project folder,  on the P: drive (850 evo 256mb) with the default media cache locations (c:) This looks to be a bit faster than the 2600k on the PPBM website and also my original results in the OP, which were without the turbo mode on. I don't know why I can not get any better on the Disk I/O test, but this was about it. Is Win7 slower than Win10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is about what I expected for a second-gen i7 that's overclocked to 4.4 GHz. A bit slower than even my default-Turbo'd i7-4790K @ 4.2 GHz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines