• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR will not sync all files from folder

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a folder with 1,200 cr2 files.  After syncing, 400 of the images are showing in the LR library.  When I try to sync the folder again, the syn dialog box shows that the additional 800 images will be sync'ed.  However, these images will not sync.  At the end of the sync process, I recieve a message that says there re no images to import.  I have tried numerous times.  I have closed/reopened LR, I have rebooted.  The 800 images fail to syn every time.  Thoughts?  TIA, Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about synchronizing with Lightroom Mobile, or are you talking about importing into Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is import into LR using the synchronize folders menu choice.  This is not a LR mobile issue.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try to use the import dialog using the Add option? I know the 400 will show as already imported, but will Lightroom import the other 800?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work either.  All the photos show up in the import as grayed out.  I assume this means LR thinks they are already imported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't "Think" they are already imported. They ARE already imported. In all my years of using LR, since version 1, LR has never thought an image was imported into the catalog that was NOT imported.

Have you selected All Photographs in the Catalog section of the left hand panel in the Library module and Looked for those images (set Sort: to Capture Time)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

billmutschler  wrote

This does not work either.  All the photos show up in the import as grayed out.  I assume this means LR thinks they are already imported?

The photos have been previously imported. There is no need to import them again.

You need to find the photos in Lightroom's Library module in order to make use of them. Please follow the search method described in reply #11 of this thread: Re: Images grayed out - can not import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a LR newbie. The photos are not imported. The folder I am

importing from has ~1200 images. After sync or import, 400 of the are

added to my LR library. The sync folder has 400 files and my total catalog

size has only increased by 400. The 800 files are either not in my catalog

or are secretly hidden and not counted in total number of images in my

catalog. However, LR does think they are all imported. I'm am remote

today but can provide screenshot later if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear they are imported but they are not. Total number of files

in import folder are 400, total lightroom catalog files increase by 400.

The 800 "other" files are no where in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does this mean you will not be attempting the search procedure I referred to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, doing this remotely from phone and was not complete in my response.

I did follow all the steps in the related post. The missing images do not

show up in a LR search either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of your Library module with the selections suggested in that other thread and one of the import dialog window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screen shots:

Part 1: failed import

1) LR catalog prior to import:

Catalog_pre import.JPG

2) Sync Folder Dialog:

Sync dialog box.JPG

3) "RocCity Sports" folder after import:

Import.JPG

4) Lightroom catalog total after import:

Catalog - after import.JPG

Conclusions so far:

LR catalog started with 22,300 images.  Sync process found 1,261 new images to import (these are all on my HD in the "roccity sports" folder that you see in the image above.  The import resulted in 405 files being imported into the LR catalog from the "roccity sports" folder.  The total number of lightroom catalog images also increased by he same 405. (22300 to 22705) Clearly, these changes are not equal to the 1,261 images in the roccity folder as identified in the sync/import dialog box.

Now after the above synchronization of the 405 files, if I ask LR to synchronize again, it identifies the ~865 missing files as still needing to be synchronized.

2nd sync_missing photos.JPG

Just to recap, 1,261 files supposed to be imported.  405 are imported.  1,261 - 405 = 856...These are the missing files that did not import the first time and after being identified as still needing to be sync'ed in the above dialog.  Clicking "synchronize" in the above dialog box results in:

2nd import error.JPG

So again., to make sure your following, here is where we are so far:

1) LR identifies 1,261 file to be imported from the roccity sports folder on my HD

2) LR only imports 405 of these files.  This is evidenced by the 405 files in the roccity folder within the LR catalog and by the 405 increase in total files in my overall LR catyalog

3) LR identifies that 856 more files need to be imported

4) When trying to import them, LR says there are no new files to import

Part 2: images not available in search:

1) All photographs selected:

all photographs selected.JPG

2) filters disabled:

Filters off.JPG

3) Expanded all photostacks: cound nt figure out how to get a screen shot of that action but I did do it

4) Searched for image in the "Roccity sports" folder:

file not found.JPG

The above image in in the roccity sports folder on my hd.  It was not imported as outlined above.  It does not show up in a search of all photographs in my catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your last step is not correct. You don't search in the Roccity Sports folder. You search your ENTIRE catalog, ALL folders. You must click on All Photographs, then make sure filters are off, expand all stacks and then you search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did search the entire catalog.  My step 4 is a typo, see the screen shot above.  it shows the selection of ALL 24,320 photographs.  I turned off filters, expanded all stacks, and searched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I asked for a screen shot I should of said to include the complete window of each and not just snippets from them.

Open the import dialog, Import button at the bottom of the Library module, and point it to the drive letter those images are stored in and have Include Subfolders checked in the Source area. At the top select Add and then All Photos. Do those supposedly non imported images show up grayed out? If they do right click on one of them and select Show in Explorer.

Import window 3.PNG

Take note of the folder that take you to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines