• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move anything with mouse, but can move with arrow keys [OSX]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a MAC (OS Sierra), and suddenly cannot move anything using the mouse. When I click on a layer, or item, or anything, if I try to drag it, it moves something completely different, almost randomly. Please help! This is killing my productivity. I am 10000% sure I am selected the  correct element, and 1000% sure it is not locked. This is suddenly happening on every single PSD file I attempted to edit, or even create. It's an across the board issue.

Rich Valentine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

I found out what my issue was. I had layer auto selected checked! I never even knew this feature excited, and for the life of my can't figure out why someone would want a layer auto selected in the first place, lol! Thanks for your help Trevor!

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich, can you tell us what you have tried?

Restarting the computer for a start, and disconnection any other tablets.

Is this a desktop or laptop, and if the latter, is the touch pad working OK? 

Is the mouse working OK in other respects? Other programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restarted my computer, and reset my preferences. Resetting my preferences works, but only for the initial document opened, and then the problem reoccurs after that initial document is closed and a new one opened/created. I am using only system peripherals (no tablets or other elements not included in basic IMAC setup. The mouse works fine in all other regards, and with all other programs. This is a desktop. I was wondering if it were some sort of update causing the issue. Very frustrating. Thank you for your attempt at providing a solution. I do realize that it is possible that another program or setting may be causing this issue.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling this might be Mac related, and I am a Windows user, but I added [OSX] to your subject line earlier on, so hopefully we'll get a Mac expert call by the thread.  In the mean time, check out item #13 User Permissions in the troubleshooting guide below. (it might be that the Preference reset is not taking)

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trevor. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out what my issue was. I had layer auto selected checked! I never even knew this feature excited, and for the life of my can't figure out why someone would want a layer auto selected in the first place, lol! Thanks for your help Trevor!

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Rich+Valentine  wrote

Rich

Ahhh...  I didn't think of a settings issue because you said it was happening with all files, but that would do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a link suggesting that the Mac 'Better Touch' tool can cause issues like this.  I also found a link to where a similar issue, albeit with InDesign, was fixed to resetting Preferences, but you have tried that.  I'd definitely have a good look at Permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines