• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import LR Project from External Drive w/ different Ircat Files

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I performed a recent erase and install on my Mac (Sierra OS). I kept all of the Ircat files on an external drive. However, I missed an update. But I have a solution.

Project 01: Has all of the photos and Ircat files on a portable external drive. Some of the photos were edited and names assigned to faces. I imported the project onto my main external HD when I returned home.

Project 02: Resides with all of the other LR projects on my main HD at home. It has not been re-imported into LR since the erase. It was originally imported from Project 01(see above), and then had additional edits and names assigned to faces.

My questions:

(1) What information does Project 02 contain, if any?

(2) If there are no names assigned to photos in Project 02 (since there is no Ircat file) is there a way to add the Ircate file from Project 01 to Project 02?

(3) If yes, could you please provide step by step instructions.

(4) Other options.

Message was edited by: JSM (Discussion successfully moved from The Lounge to Photoshop Lightroom)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me provide a little more detail. There is only one project out of several which didn't make the back up. Project 01 & 02 are the same. The only difference is that 01 was all of the work (edits) I completed in the field. Then when I returned to the office, I imported (01) and continued making edits. This is why I am referring to it as Project 02 = Project 01 + more edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines