Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing photos from an A7R II

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Couldn't find a topic about this. I recently purchased a Sony A7R II upgrading from my actual A65. Since the A7R II has WIFI, how the import will work? Will Lightroom import pictures directly from the camera? Another worry is since the SD Card will be a SDXC Class 10 UHS-3 not sure if my laptop's card reader will actually read it. Maybe a driver upgrade situation here?

Trying to have everything in place when I'm starting using the new camera. Still waiting for the lens and the card.

I'm using Lightroom CC

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

First, you need to make sure you are using at least LR CC 2015.1.1, or better the latest 2015.9.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

If you tell your Laptop to map a letter to the WiFi share of the camera you certainly should be able to import directly.

Older card readers do not support SDXC, only up to SDHC cards. If that's the case you can use the slower SDHC (max 32GB) or use some other method to import like direct USB from camera to Laptop or WiFi (if it works stable).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you need to make sure you are using at least LR CC 2015.1.1, or better the latest 2015.9.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

If you tell your Laptop to map a letter to the WiFi share of the camera you certainly should be able to import directly.

Older card readers do not support SDXC, only up to SDHC cards. If that's the case you can use the slower SDHC (max 32GB) or use some other method to import like direct USB from camera to Laptop or WiFi (if it works stable).

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply McLion!

I have 2015.9

My Laptop is from March 2015. The internal card reader is a Realtek PCIE. I haven't been able to find whether it reads SDXC or not.

If I'm not mistaken, direct USB connection might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply test it with a card.

A card reader is the recommended way since with some cameras the direct USB transfer can be error prone.

However, personally I never had any issues with the direct USB connection.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines