• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deleting background layers to make logo transparent issue

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I have watched some tutorials and no luck at making my logo fully transparent.

It shows up right in the layers tab but i still cannot delete the background. I have rasterized it as well.

Screenshot (6).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to hide or delete the Background Layer, the screenshot seems to indicate that the Layer with the logo already has transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the saved file?  If so, then you need to save as GIF, or better still PNG.  Turn off the background layer as c.p has told you, and save as PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks  cool that sorta worked . I've just done this to a mock image and i can't get rid of the dotted lines. Any help?Screenshot (7).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mockupworld.co

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The dotted lines are an active selection.

You can choose Select > Deselect, or just press Control-D.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, from what I see by your preview image, you have to delete the Background layer, which is the one with the white background color, preventing you from seeing the transparency in you logo layer.

The dotted lines means that there is am active seleciont. Just presi CTRL + D in order to deselect any active selection.

Have a great day!
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines