• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacking & Merging files not working in PS CC 2017?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to stack/merge images together in the latest version of PS CC and it only finds the current open file, not the others which are open?  anybody know why that is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.

How are you going about this process  where does you process fail? Photoshop is not a File editor it edits Photoshop documents. Photoshop open files into Photoshop Documents.  With a script like load files into a stack Photoshop can open many files into to a single Photoshop document where each layer is the composite of each file you had Photoshop open into a stack. You can convert this stack into a smart object layer and use stack mode merge for example.  What is your process?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several (5) files open separately, I typically follow the following process:

Files, Scripts, Load Files Into Stack.

In the Load Layers menu I select Add Open Files.

In the past it loaded the open files and allowed you to select those you wanted merged into a stack, now only opens 1 file in the list...???  Not working like it used to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you saved all the open documents so none of them have un-savec changes you just made in Photoshop.  The open document to be merged must be saved  they can not be merged if there are unsaved change made in your the open documents. For the backing file will be merged not the open document your changes would not be in the backing file till you save them. .

I get a list of saved open document and a message that states open document have not been saved. In this example I have three open new documents all have been saved but document 2 has had addition changes made. Its not in the list of files added.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, all files are saved and all that happens is that the 1st file is selected from the Load Layers panel, cannot understand why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I run Windows 10 and Use Photoshop CC 2014, because CC 2017 has too many scripting bugs which bit at some of my scripts.

However Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 and Adobe Load Files into Stack works on my Windows 10 Machine. Both Windows 10 Preview and Microsoft Window 10 product code.

Adobe Load Files into Script uses there other Adobe  scripts LatteUI.jsx, StackSupport.jsx and  CreateImageStack.jsx.

Load Files into Stack.jsx Script is 129 Lines

LatteUI.jsx script is 411Lines

StackSupport.jsx script is  1072 lines

CreateImageStack.jsx script is 1307 line.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines