• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action: all colored text to grayscale

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can read online, transforming all the colored text (and not the figures) within a pdf to pure black text (with Acrobat 11 or Acrobat DC) is not possible at this time. This is sad but this is ok. In order to go from colored text to grayscale text, I use the Tools -> Convert Colors toolbox and click on what's indicated in the below figure. It looks like this cannot be automated with a customized action. Is this true? If yes, could this be replaced by a Javascript script (available as a tool to be added in the Action Widzard) that would do the same? Thanks

black.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Take a look here for instructions about how to do this in an Action: Convert Documents to Grayscale in an Acrobat Action - KHKonsulting LLC

Because you only want to convert text, you need to combine this with the method I describe here to selectively apply a change only to a subset of elements: Remove Content from PDF Files Using Acrobat's Preflight - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the easiest way of doing that is to create a Preflight Profile that converts the file to grayscale using the desired preferences and then executing it using the preflight method of the Document object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here for instructions about how to do this in an Action: Convert Documents to Grayscale in an Acrobat Action - KHKonsulting LLC

Because you only want to convert text, you need to combine this with the method I describe here to selectively apply a change only to a subset of elements: Remove Content from PDF Files Using Acrobat's Preflight - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so I could create a custom Preflight fixup and a Preflight profile to be inserted in an Action. This works well and all the colored text is now converted into gray scale as expected. Do you think text conversion to pure black using a similar approach (some high level customized fixup) would be possible as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to create a custom ICC profile that maps all colors to black, but that's rather complicated, and I am not aware of any existing profile you could use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please have the beginning of a description to achieve this? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is way beyond what's discussed here, and you would need to know about how ICC profiles are created and then custom create one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines