Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR slow with dual monitors on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I run the latest and updated version of bot LR and MacOS on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015), 4Gh< i7, with 32 GB, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB, 1TB SSD and a 5K Dual Monitor (only running 4K since the Mac is to old to support the highest resolution).

My LR is extremely slow when using dual monitors - but why? Even the slightest changes in develop module takes time...... Can any one help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

The Secondary display does not use GPU acceleration. A high resolution secondary display will be much slower in rendering the preview image than the primary display.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Because Lightroom has to generate a huge number of pixels to display on your dual 5K monitors after you make your edits, and this is taking time. Especially if you have done intensive editing on the photo, using lots of brushing or spot healing, then you are asking your hardware to do a huge number of calculations ...

Have you tried experimenting with turning your GPU acceleration on or off to see if either way is faster? Use Preferences/Performance Tab/"Use Graphics Processor"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well - on my windows computer I had the same issues and I'd like to think that both apple and adobe are able to make an application with more speed.

The problem exists even with minor changes in the develop module.

Yes - with no luck I have tried changing the GPU-settings in LR......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Secondary display does not use GPU acceleration. A high resolution secondary display will be much slower in rendering the preview image than the primary display.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I prefer using only one monitor instead of two - and this was actually the reason for me to buy a second monitor 😞 I just thought it was my old windows machine that was too old.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines