Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects system requirements - NVIDIA and CUDA

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem when I'm using  After Effects , once i open it I see  a warning message which told me that i need approve NVIDIA graphics cards and CUDA 5.0 or later . When i ignore a such message and try to working i have a serious issue that after effect has crashed and stop working and ned to be restarted .

Any body can help or advice of what should i do , Should i change my lap top or i don't need that ?

In cas that i have to change my device is there any recommendation for NVIDIA graphics cards as i see a new version  like" NVIDIA Geforce GTX-960M 4G DDR5 "  which is not included the list of After Effects system requirements page .

Can the mentioned card working good ?

My lap top is LENOVO ideapad 500 , my graphics card is AMD RADEON - 4 giga

thanks

[Title modified for clarity. ā€” Mod.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message about CUDA that you are seeing is unrelated to any crashing. It is just a notification that one particular feature (the obsolete ray-traced renderer) will run slowly because you don't have an NVIDIA card. You can tick the box to never see that message again.

Have you tried to install any CUDA drivers or framework? If so, that may be why you are having crashes. See here.

What, exact, version of After Effects are you using? What error messages do you get when it crashes? Try resetting your preferences (holding down ctrl+alt+shift on Windows while AE is starting).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your support and thanks for help ,

I'm using cc After Effect 2014

let me confirm about what u said as im facing this crash once i tried to add particular to any project so im not able to finish me projects ,

I didnot try to any install any CUDA to my lap top or a freamwork ,

Do u think that i can solve this problem with my existing device or should i change my lap top with another one with an NVIDIA card .

In case that i will , do i have to get  specifec NVIDIA card or any one can working good ?

thanks for your support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think your crashes have anything to do with the GPU. Particular doesn't render on the GPU. If you have issues every time you apply Particular, something is wrong with that plugin. I'd recommend uninstalling Particular, downloading the latest installer from Red Giant, and reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your support,I will check that .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shady.Hatem,

Did Szalam's advice help you solve your issue?
Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines