• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR file names won't transfer to iOS devices

Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this week, I've experieinced a weird issue when exporting files and then importing them to an iOS device (tried iPhone 7 and iPad 3 with same results).

When I export them as a jpg, the file on my system reflects the file name I expect (e.g. x100F-1234.jpg) when I send them to the iPhone (either by mail or air drop - I've tried both), the files open in Image Capture with totally different file names (e.g. TRMA5678 with no jpg extension).

This isn't really a problem for me because I have the original, but is creates something of a mess when I share the files using this workflow.

I'm up to date with LR 2017cc and latest updates from Apple.

Anyone able to shed any light on what is going on???

thanks,

tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tom, why are you exporting images? Are you not using LR Mobile?

Try installing LR Mobile on your devices from the App Store. You can then drag batches of thumbnails into a collection in the LR desktop app and click the sync button.

It’s a much more efficient system using the creative cloud infrastructure and proxies (smart previews) which optimizes storage space on your devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jon. That might work ok just for myself but isn't workable for the sharing that usually is part of this workflow.

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon's advice is good, but to answer your question, it sounds more like an Image Capture issue, as the export files have the correct names you want. A quick check shows this might have been an issue on some versions of Image Capture - I suspect the problem lies there and you should check with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob. I thought someone here might know of this problem...it only occurs with LR edited files, no problem at all if file was handled with ACR and saved with PS. There is better support here for LR than there is in the Apple support forum 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry... JOE, not Bob ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too see the problem you are having with the filename in Image Capture.  This used to work but Apples programming/QC has been atrocious the last several years and their hardware design decisions are even worse (putting an SD slot in the back of a 27inch screen, and only ONE port on a Laptop are a couple examples. )  Its form over function design principles.

If you want to save yourself a lot of headaches transferring photos to/from your devices  (Windows, Mac, IOS, Android) than get PHOTOSYNC.  Works great and is VERY fast if everything is 802.11AC compatible wifi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob-

I'll try PHOTOSYNC

You bring up another possible issue...could be in the transmission rather than either LR or IC.

cheers,

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines