• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog transfer to new Mac

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro checked out recently. I copied my Lightroom catalog from that computer to an external hard drive before it passed and am attempting to transfer the catalog to my new iMac. The catalog appeared to transfer well but all of the photos are shown as missing (a few half-baked previews did appear but I was unable to view the image). I have question marks and exclamation all over my screen. I've attempted to Find Missing Photos but a message shows that the Original Files cannot be found. I tried redirecting it back to the catalog on my external drive but cannot select it. Nothing I've found online has solved the problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

You have to have more than just the catalog. The catalog is a database that holds a reference to the photos, but it does not hold the photos. You need the photos from the old computer as well. Here are instructions on how to move everything from an old computer to a new one:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to have more than just the catalog. The catalog is a database that holds a reference to the photos, but it does not hold the photos. You need the photos from the old computer as well. Here are instructions on how to move everything from an old computer to a new one:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines