• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

difference between plans for photograph and single user

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to buy photoshop. What is the difference between Photoshop CC in plan for photograph and in plan for single user? Plan for photograph including Photoshop CC and Lightroom but is cheaper for just Photoshop CC in plan for single user. Is this just elements of the Photoshop in that plan for 12euro? I need pfotoshop for editing photos and for painting also. So what is the difference betwenn Photoshop CC in these two plans?

Thank You Magdalena

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a single user subscription is about $20 depending on your country.  About double the Photography plan.  It sounds like crazy math, but according to this article on ProDesignTools, they have sold an awful lot Photography Plan subscriptions, and I know for a fact that several of my buddies who now have a $10 sub, previously used pirated versions, so money in the bank for Adobe

Adobe: Strong Creative Cloud Growth to 9 Million Paid Subscribers | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another way to look at it:

$20/month - any single CC product, paid monthly, yearly contract. (So if you cancel early you still pay for the whole year)

$30/month - any single CC product, paid monthly, monthly contract (So you can cancel any time with no extra charge)

These plains are available for any CC product: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.

But because the Photoshop market is different, there is a special plan!

$10/month - Photoshop and LightRoom, paid monthly, yearly contract (must pay $120 each year even if you cancel early).

Adobe could have killed the pointless $20/month plan, but no doubt there are many companies who prefer a simple system and happily pay it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi magdalenaw,

Photography plan especially designed for the photographers. refer the differences: Lightroom and Photoshop | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I know I'm going off track... But I think you are missing a trick here:

IF it was me I would expand on the choice of similar plans to photography - so as to offer:

The Design Package:

Includes:

• Illustrator
  • InDesign

The Animation Package:

Includes:

• After Effects
  • Premiere Pro

Web Design Basics Package:

Etc.. etc..

All packages would include Bridge and whatever else is standard regardless of package choice.

The photography package has made Adobe tonnes I am sure - Similar offerings would really help you get those users who don't yet want everything but need certain abilities...AND make sure they feel they are getting value for money... Which is why this package works lets face it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I suppose it depends if Adobe offers the Photography Plan to also stop pirating as Trevor.Dennis  pointed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have to bear in mind that many people who buy the $50 plan, anyone in design really, is probably wanting Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign: nothing else. So you'd be replacing $50 with $20 for these people. Crucially, perhaps there are a LOT more photographers than graphic designers. And Photoshop is now a verb, a criticism, and an aspiration. Or so it seems to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a difference in user base. Photoshop now has such a total market dominance that everybody feels entitled to have it. A lot of people perceive it as a right,  as if it was a web browser, a bare necessity with every computer. These people pay out of their own pockets and might easily turn to pirateware if it's perceived as too expensive.

In contrast, most people using Ai/ID do it for a living. Few people do it for recreation and fun. They either have an employer picking up the tab, or can write it off as a business expense.

"Photoshopping" is a verb, "Illustrating" isn't...er, well, actually it is, but you get the idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha some good points!! I like a healthy discussion and understand what you are saying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are really good points and well reasoned. I understand your perspective but I still think Adobe could increase their sales figures by increasing the number of packages available... instead of / or in addition to the single app purchase.

Also I don't think the prices have to be consistent with the photography package. But I think they could be somewhat more tiered than current offers.

Perhaps for Illustrator and InDesign the price could be closer to or equal to the single app purchase? That way the combined cost of both packages would almost equate to that of the full apps package. Therefore there is still obvious incentive to get all of the apps if you are a regular user/designer.

To me I personally don't see as much value in the single app purchase in that it it's cost is quite high so as to encompass all the apps but actually would make no sense if you just wanted Photoshop... or Illustrator only...for example.

Again I think with some tweaking of the actual sliding price structure - it's not a bad idea to put out there...

I can't imagine you would lose many customers... in fact I think you would increase retention... particularly as in the day and age where the consumer has the power not the seller - It is the value based proposition that typically wins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alternatively you could offer packages not including Illustrator or InDesign if this was the point of debate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people are better off buying the Photographic Plan. The program is exactly the same whether it is standalone or photographic, but if I recall correctly you get much more cloud storage with the standalone plan-that may be useful if you work in collaboration as part of a team but otherwise is unnecessary. The standalone plan has one big advantage in that you can cancel at any time without penalty, whereas with the Photographic plan you are locked into a 12 month contract and should you wish to cancel you would be charged a fee equivalent to 50% of your outstanding subscription. For example if you wanted to cancel after 4 months of your 12 month subscription Adobe would say your contract has 8 months to run and so you would be charged for half of that period (4 months) which would cost 4x$10=$40 You would lose access to Photoshop at the end of the month of cancellation though-not 4 months down the line as many people think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really interesting Terri... I thought the stand alone had a 12 month contract option but maybe this is just an "as well" situation?

Good points though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines