• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to download Flash offline .msi installers from???

Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

last couple of months I was downloading  offline Flash installers for my customers from

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_23_acti... https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_24_acti...

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_23_plug...

without having to sign-up anywhere.

(In December, with Flash 24 release I still was able to download from

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_24_acti...

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_24_plug...

)

Two days ago, I noticed all links are invalid! I found no notification of change in Adobe policy - now I urgently need offline .msis (actually .exe installers too - earlier available on https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_24_plug... )  - and links to them as well since I am unable to find them anywhere. Please let anyone provides me with links to current offline installers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please do not use the above mentioned links as they are obsolete. You would have applied for distribution license and would be using a distribution page to download/get the links of the deliverables. Please visit that page and download the installers from there. If you have not applied for distribution license yet, please go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe page and apply for the same. You would get a reply from noreply@adobe.com within 48 working hours. Then you can go to the distribution page and download the .msi deliverables.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Divya

is it offcial stand of Adobe that odownload of offline .msi and .exe  is not more supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is very much supported, but you need to follow the above mentioned procedure for the same. You will find the links of the offline installers(exe and msi) on the link provided in the mail once you apply for the distribution license.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi damianb59139695 ,

As mentioned by my colleague, Flash Player EXE and MSI installers are still available and supported.  Flash Player distribution requires a distribution license.  If you have a current valid distribution license, then you should have the email with the link to the distribution page.  If you do not have a current valid distribution license please go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe to request a distribution license.  Most customer's receive the reply email very quickly, but some times it can take up to 2- 3 days.  If you do not receive the email within 2-3 days, private message me the email address used to request the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.  Note that public email addresses (e.g. gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc) are not allowed and requests using these are rejected.

This is not a new requirement.  Enterprise distribution of Flash Player has always required a distribution license.

--

Maria

<edited: grammar/spelling>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. we use a command line tool  that basically downloads and installs updates for different applications. Would it be violation of license if we put Flash offline installers on some web page so that the tool points to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the web page internal to your network (e.g  not accessible to the outside world) or externally available to anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is scarcely planned. What would be Adobe's reply for both cases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting the links to any publicly accessible location is a violation of the license agreement.  The email you receive after requesting a distribution license states the following (text is copied directly from the email):

You may not share the above link, share information with others, or publish the above link on websites, blogs, or by any other means that can be publicly accessed. The information contained on this site is meant for your use only in accordance with Adobe Flash Player Distribution License Agreement you accepted. You may direct others to http://www.adobe.com/products/players/fpsh_distribution1.html to request distribution rights.

Please read through the distribution agreement for all terms and conditions, including information on posting internally (not publicly accessible) within your network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations, you took something very simple and made it difficult now.

I applied for a license back in October 2016 and received it, I had the links to download the msi files for flashplayer and reader, now they now longer work.

Could you please redirect me to the proper links so I can download the msi files.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ronm67094671

Please private message me the URL you were given in the distribution license email you received. To send a private message click on my user name link and then click the 'Message' button link.  For reference, include the link to this discussion topic.

Also what does "now they no longer work'? mean?  What happens when you try to download the installer files?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a contractor stepping into this role, which was previously filled by a contractor from another consulting company who may or may not have had an account with the distribution license worked out.  Either way, that's of no help to me.  Now, when I've been tasked with vulnerability remediation, APSB17-04 being a high, and need to test updates in advance of production patching, I have to wait 2-3 days for access to the content before I can even start testing?  It isn't acceptable to email 300 people instructions to update their Flash plug-ins and flood the helpdesk with support calls in order to protect the bank (YES, BANK, as in money, as in a likely target for exploitation of any vulnerability left unresolved) because I am unable to push a fix to them.  If your software puts a company at risk, you have got to do better than this with access to patching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most requests are approved almost immediately, some can take a few days.  The email comes from noreply@adobe.com and has a pdf attachment.  If you're already submitted the request and have not received the email, please check your spam filters and/or your IT representative to ensure the email isn't being blocked.  If it's not there send me a private message with the email address you used to apply for the distribution license and I'll request the licensing team to resend the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i also applied for this however not received confirmation yet and need this ASAP can you please approve for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just replied to your private message.  Please reply to my message with the requested information so that I can follow-up with the licensing team.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've signed up to the distributor program - the links do not work - they keep going back to individual/single downloads.

i don't understand why this is so difficult for administrators to be able to download offline files.

please can you sort this out. Its so frustrating!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jiteshc79240868

When did you apply for a distribution license?  Please private message me the distribution page link you received when you applied for the distribution license.  To send a private message, click on my user name link then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, include a link to this discussion topic.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filled out the application three months ago, but have not received any links. How can I be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikhailc30574230

Private message me the email address you used to apply for the distribution license.  To send a private message, click on my user name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, please include a link to this discussion topic in your private message. Note that public email addresses are not allowed.  Distribution licenses are for enterprise customers to redistribute Flash Player within their organization, therefore, a company/organization email is required.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @m_vargas,

I have now signed up for the third time for the Adobe Reader and Runtime Distribution. I have never received an email with any links. We are in dire need for exe/msi versions to be pushed out using ManageEngine Desktop Central using configurations that are pushed out to groups in Active Directory. This is not possible using the installers available to consumers due to the fact the installer removes itself once it is complete.

I have sent you a private message and supplied the email I signed up with. Hopefully this can be resolved in a timely manor.

Thank you,

Devan A. Swope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi devans86792611

I've replied to your PM.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi devans86792611

The licensing team has resent the email.  Please confirm if you did, or did not, receive the email.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas

I did receive the email and was able to successfully download the .msi installers we needed.

Thank you! I appreciate all your help!

Devan A. Swope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming.  Have a great day.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my Distribution Request approved in March of last year and received an email with a download link, now 12 months later the link is simply redirecting me to the general Adobe Flash Player Distribution page. Do the Distribution Requests only last for 12 months? I've filled yet another application and had no reply.

It is absolute nonsense that you make it so difficult for us to keep your software up to date. Considering it is the most security flawed software ever to grace this planet you'd think making it easy to keep updated would be a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines