• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem importing from memory card.

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import a batch of shots from a memory card, but get a message to say Lightroom cannot read the photos on the card. I initially thought it was a problem with the card, but it imports perfectly into Aperture. Any ideas ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

The message can be misleading. Please check if you have full write access at the target location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message can be misleading. Please check if you have full write access at the target location.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above there is more than likely a permissions problem with the folder you have selected in the Destinatioon area of the LR import dialog. Either give your username full read & write permissions or select a different folder that your username does have full permissions to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think both you guys are right. Unfortunately my computer knowledge is limited (it's an age thing). Could you please explain in beginners language how I put it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. since we are saying the same

What is your OS? Mac or Windows?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry .. spotted the Aperture too late ... so probably Mac.

How to Set File Permissions in Mac OS X | Macinstruct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for your help. I've printed off those instructions & will have a crack at it this evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines