• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Muse to generate HTML snippets?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to use Muse to generate HTML that I can incorporate into other web pages.  For example, creating a layout of images and text that I can include as part of a page in a WordPress site.  The HTML output would go into a page <div>.

Can I do this with Muse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

The WP editor rarely accepts copy & pasted code.  it's programmed to strip it out. 

If you need to create code for insertion into WordPress consider using an actual HTML/PHP/CSS editor like Dreamweaver or Brackets.  Or better still, use WordPress to create your content.  

In all cases, you should not tamper with WordPress core files.  You would only edit the Theme or Child Theme files in a real code editor.  Muse is not a code editor BTW, it's a code generator.  In any case, Muse is not a good f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The WP editor rarely accepts copy & pasted code.  it's programmed to strip it out. 

If you need to create code for insertion into WordPress consider using an actual HTML/PHP/CSS editor like Dreamweaver or Brackets.  Or better still, use WordPress to create your content.  

In all cases, you should not tamper with WordPress core files.  You would only edit the Theme or Child Theme files in a real code editor.  Muse is not a code editor BTW, it's a code generator.  In any case, Muse is not a good fit with WordPress.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  I'm not actually using WordPress, I just used it as an example.  I've coded my website from scratch and want to be able to import the output of Muse into a div.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidsturman  wrote

Thanks for responding.  I'm not actually using WordPress, I just used it as an example.  I've coded my website from scratch and want to be able to import the output of Muse into a div.

no... you could insert it into a div but if you want to do that then you may as well just use notepad or some other basic text editor.

you can (and I offen do) use Muse to make content pages that then get displayed inside an Iframe... in a Muse (or any other website) and that is mostly a speed issue since the basic iframe code sits in a lib file and you just replace the http-address on a 'as needed'

it would help to know what you are trying to do because things like adds for google have their own (very anul) rules and Muse isn't a good fit for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking of using Muse to create template pages.  My code would include the Muse-generated HTML in a div and replace certain named elements in the Muse HTML with my own content.  So, for example, my code would look for an img tag with src="foo.jpg" and replace it with src="myimage.jpg" (assuming the two images were the same size).

I want to use Muse here so that graphic designers can create template layouts in Muse and then Muse would provide the HTML that could be sucked into my application, preserving the layout and allowing me to programatically replace certain content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that would not be a productive workflow. You would also have to include all the included CSS and Javascript files that Muse generates - just using the HTML is not going to work. In your example why not just use the image you want in the first place?

The code that Muse generates (even the basic HTML structure is very difficult to work in code. It's not mean to be. Another drawback is that once the code is edited outside of Muse you can no longer use Muse to edit further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use a generic Muse made site, hosted on Adobe BC as a template for your clients other pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the insights and suggestions.  It looks like I'll need to experiment with what Muse produces, but it likely is not the right tool.  If anyone is interested, I can report results back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines