• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can download AFP but then it doesn't work...

Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting here because I really don't understand the problem.

I'm on a MacBook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.3.

I download Adobe Flash Player on Safari (same problem on Chrome), then I install AFP, no problem with downloading, but when I try then to read something which needs AFP it still doesn't work and gives me the link to "download AFP". And when I go again on Adobe's website it's not written that I've already downloaded it.

I tried to close Safari/Chrome etc before, during or after the installation, same result.

I tried to authorize Safari to use AFP in my settings, but it didn't change a thing.

So if you may know where is the problem please help me.

Ian.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have already installed Flash Player for safari then go through Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari link and follow the steps mentioned to enable Flash Player in Safari 10.
For chrome browser Flash Player comes embedded with chrome and Flash Player updates are pushed by google as part of chrome updates. To enable Flash Player for chrome please follow the steps on Enable Flash Player for Google Chrome​ page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your help but it still doesn't work. I already followed those steps, for Chrome and Safari. And so I activated AFP but same result.

When I'm on Chrome and when I follow the link to download AFP the web page says that I have indeed AFP with Chrome (but still doesn't work). And when on Safari the web page advises me to download AFP as if I never did it before.

I really don't know what to do then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide the following information:

• Direct link to website exhibiting the behaviour
  • Screenshots of the following:
    • Safari > Preferences > Security window
    • Safari > Preferences > Security > Plug-in Settings window
    • Chrome: chrome://settings/content > Flash section
    • Chrome: chrome://settings/content > Flash section > Manage Exceptions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines