• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Upgrade

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 3 on my old laptop, but we bought a new Mac. I am wondering if I need to install/transfer the Lightroom 3 program on my Mac before I purchase an upgrade for the single application Lightroom 6, or can I just download the upgrade? I'm not very computer savvy, and I don't want to purchase the upgrade, then not have all of the content available. I'm not so concerned about all of the photos that I have in my previous version of Lightroom, as those are already on my new computer, as well as backed up to external hard drives. Thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Sharonw,

You need not to install the Product on your new computer, while installing the new version you will be prompted to enter the old serial number along with the upgrade serial number.

I would strongly recommend you to go for Lightroom CC as it does have many advantages over Lightroom 6. See Compare Lightroom CC vs. versions 5 & 6 | Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC history

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharonw,

You need not to install the Product on your new computer, while installing the new version you will be prompted to enter the old serial number along with the upgrade serial number.

I would strongly recommend you to go for Lightroom CC as it does have many advantages over Lightroom 6. See Compare Lightroom CC vs. versions 5 & 6 | Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC history

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seriously considered doing the Lightroom CC; however, I don't feel that I am at a stage in my life or my photography where I can truly take advantage the benefits. I only edit pictures once, maybe twice a month right now, so purchasing the license for it is my best option. I can always upgrade to the Creative Cloud in a year or so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the consideration. Yes, You can always subscribe to CC later as your Lightroom usage increases.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines