• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font spontaneously changes from "Helvetica Neue Light" to Helvetica new when text is made bold or italic.

Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm very new to Adobe and have a couple of quick questions regarding font.

I'm working with a document in which I'm editing a lot of text in the font "Helvetica New Light" (henceforth HNL) My first problem is that when I go to Acrobat Pro -> Preferences -> Default font for Add Text / Fallback Font for Editing, HNL is not listed as a choice, but rather only Helvetica New (henceforth HN). This is strange because it is listed as a choice in the right-hand toolbar in normal edit mode. Furthermore, if I try to change text from HN to HNL, Acrobat makes the text bold. If I try to switch back to nonbold, the text switches back to HN. If I click back and forth enough times from bold to nonbold and HN to HNL, eventually I get the nonbold HNL font I'm looking for, but it's just kind of a hassle. I have a similar problem with italic.

Ideally, I would like HNL as my default font, and would not like Acrobat ever to switch it to HN.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Van

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?