• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 - Assets Screen

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have an issue with the Assets screen not closing? I have a project open now that I need to save, but the Assets screen will not close.

Any suggestions?

Capture2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried hitting the ESCAPE key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough I am having the same problem. The obvious thing to do is click Close or the X to close the window. Neither of those work, nor the escape key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be another dialog box open somewhere that you cannot see.  Does hitting the Escape key repeatedly work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No; it just 'binged' at me. As you say there must have been a dialogue box open but it was hidden. Sometimes ESC will close a hidden box (or Enter) but not this time.  It required a Ctrl-Atl-Del to halt Captivate. Fortunately there was a prompt to save the open project before Captivate was closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I just finished uploading a video that might help explain this phenomena.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done! The one thing I did not do was to move the window. Thanks for posting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another work flow (Windows user): Alt-tab or Windows-tab to go through the open windows and you'll find the dialog box that is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that but rotating through the windows did not work for me. I suspect that is because the download requester is in the same browser window as the assets and is hidden behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 2017 and I am still having this issue. Can someone at Adobe please respond? Anytime I open up the Assets screen it freezes. I cannot close it unless I use ctrl+alt+del to close Captivate. Pressing escape does not work and I am pretty sure I don't have any dialog screens open because the screen freezes even when I have not downloaded any assets. Please can you provide a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well. It was fine and now each time I press the Assets button after downloading, it freezes up.

Thank you,

Tess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening to me as well...  sucks.  Don't know how to make it go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to click on it to make sure that it is selected (may even need to move it to the other screen if you are on dual screens) and teh Esc  key

Worked for me ..hope it does for you, but yes yet another Captivate bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry ...and then press the Esc  key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is actually a bit different. I can close out the Assets window, but cannot access the items from the media/characters dialogue box. I select the drop down to click on Assets and the entire Captivate program freezes! It's been doing this for about a month or so. Before, I could click on Assets fine.

Thanks,

Tess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win10 with Captivate 9.0.2.437 - My program does not freeze up but I have issues here as well.

My screens indicate that everything downloaded successfully and were placed in assets but when you go there... not showing up.

If I look in the actual file location, it is there, but does not show up in Captivate under assets.

It worked for a little while and then quit. you can see in this image that Jacob downloaded 100% but he is not in with the others that did come through. It has been several months since it has worked.

I have cleared the prefs and did the CaptivateUI.dll thing but neither helped.

At this point, I just login directly to eLearning Brothers and grab what I want.

Honestly, I like that better than doing it thru Captivate - I have better real estate for viewing and control over where my stuff gets stored.

Just my 2¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround is similar; but I think we are paying way too much for there NOT to be an answer . At least, address it. I would like less steps, since I am developing a lot of content lately. I've had to grab it from the website and it is adequate. But there's a whole piece of Captivate not functioning correctly.....and crickets from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources