Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Quality Issues w/ Interactive PDF

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I keep experiencing inconsistent issues both prior to/and once exporting to interactive PDF with the quality of images.

First port of call would of course be paying close attention to compression settings, however the issues are occurring with the same compression settings. E.g. I'll export with particular settings, and the images will look completely fine, then say 30mins later I'll re-export another version with the same settings, and yet the images will now appear more compressed. The degrade in quality actually appears in the doc. prior to exporting - usually re-placing the images does the job, or re-starting the program, but other times neither work. This is perhaps the biggest issue, that it's so inconsistent, in terms of both occurrence and solutions.

An additional question whilst I'm here - is there any way of importing videos into an Id doc, and still maintaining an exported file (Interactive PDF) size below 10mb?

Thanks,

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only with a very tiny video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never heard of a change in the display of the same compression settings from ID to PDF so I am taking a wild guess here about the compression display.

When the images are re-exported could they have been missing in the Links panel?

Also, check the Display Settings for the images. It shouldn't affect the images but who knows? Maybe you've discovered a bug.

Finally, what kind of images are we talking about? PSD, JPG, AI, EPS, something else. That could be a clue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding videos. Do not EVER drag to place a video. Click.

If the video is too big for the page, go back to a video editor and change the dimensions of the video.

Unlike images that get re-sampled on export, videos hold onto all their baggage and stuff.

There is a very cumbersome and not at all effective way to create a Video from a URL.

Draw a frame and then choose Video from URL in the Media panel menu.

However the video has to be Flash Player compliant and hosted on a Flash Player compliant server which I have never been able to do correctly. And I doubt it would play on today's tablets or browsers that no longer support Flash.But this would keep the video from being embedded in the PDF. But would require a web connection to play which many people don't want to require. (So why did I even bring it up? I dunno.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the interactive PDF is too large because of the video, pick a smaller size by using the Adobe Media Encoder, which you should have with your Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Martin,

Were you abe to find success with Steve, Sandee, or Bob's suggestions?

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines