• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging 3D layer issue ?

Advisor ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until now, I've been able to merge (merge down) 3D layers into a single layer while maintaining the layer as a 3D layer.  Except one 3D layer which I'm trying to merge (merge down) with another 3D layer. Rather then merge (merge down) as so has done with the other layers.  The merged 3D layers completely disappear from the layer ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

You're seeing the entire contents of the 3D panel; there is nothing missing.

Recreating the 3D layers, solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show your layer and 3D panels before and after the merge?

What happens when you use 3D - Merge 3D Layers ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before

b_3dpanel.png

After

a_3dpanel.png

If I place both 3D layers into a group, and merge the group it works as expected; except it's no longer a 3D layer which is what I want to retain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have shown one of the 3D panels before and the same after.

Can you show the other 3D panel (associated with the other layer before the merge) and also the layers panel before and after.

Lining up the info you supplied shows an additional Letter H object and changes to the lighting. The other objects are still there. Without seeing the other panels it is hard to see what is missing and what you mean in your first post when you say  "The merged 3D layers completely disappear from the layer ?"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the 3D layers are merged.

before_layers.png

After 3D Layers are merged.

merge_layer.png

Other 3D Object, 3D panel.  It is as though when merging the layers that letter is being scaled, that is what I thought, then I realized that the other 3d objects in the 3d layer just disappear.

OtherLayer_3d.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am very puzzled.

Are your 3D panel screenshots showing the entire contents of the 3D panel , or is anything missing in scrolling down)

You appear to have a group with only one object in it (post 4) ?

You also see to have a new object, named MainH_Letter,  in the after shot (posts 2&  3) that is not in either of the before panel shots.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're seeing the entire contents of the 3D panel; there is nothing missing.

Recreating the 3D layers, solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines