• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text rendering

Aug 31, 2008 Aug 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I just noticed my text/content looked different after I published the captivate file? it looked like it has rendered or something. Can anyone help? I tried turning the 508 compliance on/off but made no difference

thanks
JT
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 07, 2008 Sep 07, 2008
Hi guys,
I have a solution for this! hope this will be useful to you all.
1) Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 3\Gallery\Captions, and make a copy of the .bmp file, which is your caption graphic
2) Go to a graphic editing tool like photoshop to open the copied .bmp file. Select and delete all the color elements so it's just a transparent layer.
3) Save it as .bmp in the same location.
4) Finally, when you insert a transparent caption, apply the caption image that you just created and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2008 Sep 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

add a bullet a few lines below your last line of text. Then reduce the size of the caption to cover the bullet. This will crisp the text. Not sure why but it corrects a little bug in the software, which without the bullet, text appears 'bold'

Webbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webbo said:

Not sure why but it corrects a little bug in the software, which without the bullet, text appears 'bold'

Well, I'm guessing that some may disagree here, but it's not really a bug. It's designed behavior. Here is why it happens. If you were to insert a normal text caption and a transparent text caption and examine both of them close up, you would see why the text appears "Fuzzy" or "Bold". Take a look at the screen capture below:
Click here to see the contrasting images

Note how things appear on the transparent caption below the standard caption. This is called "Anti-aliasing". And that is what has been applied to the caption that makes it fuzzy. By adding a bullet, you are causing Captivate to skip applying the anti-aliasing to the caption. Now I'm the one who is unsure about things, as while I know *WHY* it happens, I have no clue as to why the mere presence of a bullet character causes Captivate to skip applying the anti-aliasing.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2008 Sep 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI again,
As suggested Rick and Webbo, i added a bullet point below my text box but the text still look fuzzy (is better though).
Anyone else have any suggestions. some of my pages have large chunk of text and fuzziness will not impress my audience.
thanks guys@!
JT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you imported your bullets from a ppt presentation for example, the image quality will be better if you run the presentation onscreen and record it with captivate, instead of using the function "import" slides, etc.

Gd luck,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2008 Sep 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi guys,
I have a solution for this! hope this will be useful to you all.
1) Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 3\Gallery\Captions, and make a copy of the .bmp file, which is your caption graphic
2) Go to a graphic editing tool like photoshop to open the copied .bmp file. Select and delete all the color elements so it's just a transparent layer.
3) Save it as .bmp in the same location.
4) Finally, when you insert a transparent caption, apply the caption image that you just created and you will get a transparent and crystal clear text!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources