• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC v16.2.0.24 publish swc broken

Contributor ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Animate CC to v16.2.0.24 and could no longer publish SWCs - nothing happens, no progress bar, nothing in the output window, no file written. Reverting to the previous 16.1.x.x version allowed me to publish again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same thing, and I've logged a bug. When the bug appears in the tracker system I'll post a link, so people can vote or add more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem. The workaround is to enable the publish SWF option as well. You can trash the SWF afterwards, but at least the SWC will publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did test that, and I get a swf and html, but no swc.

Haven't yet received a notice to say that my bug report went through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, wel,l for what it's worth, I did not enable the HTML publish option; also I published the SWF to the same folder as the Flash (sorry, Animate) file, but the SWC to a different folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested without HTML, and also with the SWC to another folder. Still no SWC. Are you sure you're using 16.2.0.24?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes… on Mac. You?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Drag! One can only hope Adobe fixes this real soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so we figured out why it was failing for me. I was using the simplest tests, where I just had graphics and animations in the swf. It appears that SWCs only get made if there is code to be compiled. Just adding this to the timeline Actions is enough to make it work:

//

It seems odd behavior, anyone wanting to make a swc that is only animation couldn't do it. But, I think in all cases where you would use a SWC you would be accessing it by the linkage name of one of its library symbols. So in a real world use case you would always get a SWC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the case here - these FLA files have linkage names and minimal code in them - stop() at the start of some movieclips etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try my test FLA:

http://colin.scienceninja.com/swctest.fla.zip

Open that in version 16.2.0.24 (2017.2 that is) and do a publish. Do you get a SWC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would if I didn't have to actually use Animate CC at the moment   I believe you if it say it's working for you. It can't really just be that though, since none of our FLAs are without code or linkage ids, so if it were just that I wouldn't have seen the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We could trade FLAs. If you have an FLA that you don't mind me seeing, and that fails to give you a SWC in the current version of Animate, can I look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have time to do this at the moment, and no I'm not authorized to share these files outside my job. I may have more time next week to make a sample file showing the issue. Until then I need to use a version of Animate that works correctly to do my work.

Colin, I'm curious about one thing: from your earlier posts, it sounds like you experienced the same bug but then found that it only happens when you would try to make a SWC file from an FLA with no as3 code and no linkage IDs.

In what scenario would you want to do such a thing? Could such a SWC be used for anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this too, for all my .fla files.

the .swf workaround works, but it is a showstopper for me.

iMac 5K

MacOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Animate 16.2.0.24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm puzzled how something can be a successful work-around but also a showstopper!

That aside, I know the issue has been fixed internally, but I don't know a date for when the next Animate update will be posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're fine on 16.1 for now.. even if you're correct that I didn't apply the workaround correctly or something, it would still be less time wasted for us making sure everyone knows to do it, dealing with cases where people thought they updated the SWC but in fact didn't, etc. I wouldn't call it a showstopper, but on balance it could cause enough headaches to be an "eh, no thanks". For us it's good enough to know that a fix is in the pipeline, so thanks for revealing that bit of inside knowledge that only you have access to

Does anyone know where to find a real changelog for Animate CC, by the way? What specific bugs were fixed, known issues etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release notes would be a good place to look at for such info Release Notes / Adobe Animate CC

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying that's a good place to look for a list of fixed bugs and known issues in versions of Animate CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those pages list all new features, some of which are bug fixes and some are new things. The known issues list is at the bottom of this page:

Adobe Animate CC Release Notes 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines