Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: Crash in progress <DBSync>

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've ran into this issue with Ae in just one project. There's nothing wrong with the file, because my team can open it, and there's nothing wrong with Ae, because I can open other projects. Slightly bizarre...

issue.png

I've attempted to delete my Ae preferences, reinstall Ae's latest version, tried to configure the project to windows 7 - and nothing stops this issue from popping up.

The only answers I've found that I haven't tried are allowing access to internet using firewall (after effects error crash in progress. i can't launch After effects cc v.14​). Has anyone found this useful? Or has this issue been identified and is there a better solution?

About the issue:

I'm working on Windows7, After Effects CC (2017) 14.0.1.

The program crashes within 5 seconds of opening and loading assets.

Let me know if you need more information help me solve this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Hi,

The problem has been fixed, it had something to do with a long folder directory. I copied a project onto my desktop, and it seemed to work fine.

Appreciate the comments!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details like the system crash logs. Just telling us generics like that it's Win 7 is not at all useful.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered updating AE? The latest version (14.1.0.x) has a lot of bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem has been fixed, it had something to do with a long folder directory. I copied a project onto my desktop, and it seemed to work fine.

Appreciate the comments!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing what worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines