Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor calibration and Lightroom issues

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0402172016.jpg

Need some help here. I calibrated my monitor today using the Colormunki photo and now when I start Lightroom all of my photo's look like they are either way overexposed or a negative. If I change the monitor profile back everything looks just fine. I'm using Lightroom 2015.9 and camera raw 9.9 with windows 10 pro.

Any help would be appreciated as I only have the Colormunki for a few more days.

Thanks,

Phil Curtis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

The Lightroom Queen says:

Most calibration software offers an advanced setting, so if it gives you a choice, go for a brightness of around 100-120 cd/m2, 6500K or native white point for an LCD monitor, and most importantly, an ICC2 Matrix profile rather than an ICC4 or LUT-based profile, as these more recent profiles aren’t compatible with many programs yet.

You'll have to dig into the calibrator's software to figure out how to configure that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is turn off the GPU option on the performance tab of the LR Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option is already turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Queen says:

Most calibration software offers an advanced setting, so if it gives you a choice, go for a brightness of around 100-120 cd/m2, 6500K or native white point for an LCD monitor, and most importantly, an ICC2 Matrix profile rather than an ICC4 or LUT-based profile, as these more recent profiles aren’t compatible with many programs yet.

You'll have to dig into the calibrator's software to figure out how to configure that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-calibrated the monitor using the ICC version 2 settings under preferences and everything changed back. Lightroom must not support the version 4 profiles.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

phillipc36443274  wrote

Lightroom must not support the version 4 profiles.

It's not as simple as that. I've tested v4 in Lightroom without seeing any problems.

But some calibration software fails to follow strict specifications when writing profiles. This seems to happen more frequently with v4 than with v2, probably because the v2 spec is simpler and/or better established.

The same thing goes for matrix vs. table-based profiles. The latter are much more complex (although supposedly more accurate), so the potential for errors is higher.

It all comes down to the software writing the profiles. If it's not done done correctly, Lightroom chokes very easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines