• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hi i desperately need help with motion tracking to create trails

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I'm a little stuck I'm trying to track some movement of a rendered animation so it can leave a trail tracking effect once done tracking the movement allowing me to add trail effects to the moves like light trails behind the character following its movement but I cant seem to do it right does anyone have any ideas or can help metr.png

something like this example

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, to be blunt, non-descript posts like yours are of no use to anyone. "I can't seem to get it right." just isn't anything meaningful at all. You have to explain much better what you are trying to achieve and what you are having difficulty with and then of course also provide the necessary technical info - footage, version of AE, comp settings, system info etc..

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow ok im sorry well what i am hoping to achieve is have the animation that i have rendered in mov file being tracked by say motion tracker, in the hope t will track any movements so i can edit the track trails left behind once its finished motion tracking and create some edited trail effects like as i said before a light trail that would folllow the tracked trail with the character, without having to do this by hand i was wondering if it was possible to do it automatically in after effects.

was this helpfully sorry if im not explaining it correctly im still a beginner

the footage itself will have a black background and a homade in 3ds max markerset layout on character with different coloured marker balls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to create trails is to use the Echo effect. This works best if the objects (your dots) are on a transparent background.

Motion tracking hundreds of dots using any of the built in trackers that come with After Effects would take forever and be incredibly complicated. Performing this kind of track with 3rd party trackers, even ones that are very expensive would also present a lot of problems that would be difficult to solve.

If this were my project I would either render the dots with a transparent background or maybe even make three or four renders with different numbers of dots visible and then put the scene back together in AE and apply the echo effect to each of the layers with slightly different settings.

If I had a fully functional, not a lite version of a 3D app the best way to create your effect would be to creat the trails in the 3D app. You could do it in Blender (http://blender.org) without too much trouble by simply adding an emissive material. Someone else more familiar with 3DS Max could probably point you to a solution with your app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your help I'm sorry if it was difficult to understand my words, your the nicest reply i got

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did Rick's answer solve your problem? If so, please mark it with the green star "Correct Answer" button under his post. If not, please let us know what further trouble you are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'll give you some more tough love.  Another thing that will get you more help is to take the time to write complete sentences, use proper grammar and punctuation. Those tools were developed over hundreds of years to make it easier for people reading what you wrote to understand what you are trying to say. If you want free help from someone you will get a lot more if you make their work as easy as you can. And it is just good manners.

I am not talking about translations from a different language, those are easy to see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please theres no need to be rude I'm not meaning to be rude or unhelpful I have dyslexia and my punctuation suffers i am learning to work with it but sometimes it doesn't work out, i was in a rush when i sent these messages but i don't need this so called tough love on something I'm already aware of and is still working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines