• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch apply effects to individual clips?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set up an effect preset (or chain of effects presests) in Premiere Pro & then apply that to an external folder of clips and then batch output them as individual files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

There are some things you can do via the Watch folders for AME ... anything you can put in an export preset, such as Looks/LUTS, video overlays, audio limiting & minor controls, that sort of thing ... using the Effects tab in the Export Preset dialog.

If that would cover your needs, create the encoding preset with the things checked you need, then create a watch-folder with that encoding/export preset as the action.

There's only a few things you can do, but ... it might cover your needs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I don't believe there is a way to affect an external folder with presets from Premiere Pro. You would need to do this all within Premiere Pro itself and then export out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to batch export out as separate clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. In your project panel select all the clips and sequences you want to export then do Command+M to Export Media (or right click and choose from menu). You'll get an export menu setting that you will need to choose what export settings you want. After that click the "Queue" button and it sends everything to Adobe Media Encoder. Media Encoder will open up with all your clips ready to export. Click the green triangle to start exporting all your queued up files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much! I had to brush up on creating effects presets with multiple effects & then apply to all clips in the bin by selecting all then dragging and dropping the preset onto the bin, but from there exactly as you described.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some things you can do via the Watch folders for AME ... anything you can put in an export preset, such as Looks/LUTS, video overlays, audio limiting & minor controls, that sort of thing ... using the Effects tab in the Export Preset dialog.

If that would cover your needs, create the encoding preset with the things checked you need, then create a watch-folder with that encoding/export preset as the action.

There's only a few things you can do, but ... it might cover your needs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good, nah I was doing something with a few Colour related effects (Desat, tinting, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

What if you need another effect to be applied to all of your clips (each with its own in/out points), such as denoising, before any color correction?

See also: How to export multiple clips quickly?

Thanks,

Elio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on tons of things ... right?

For some heavy things like video noise removal you either want to do it first and render to an intermediate codec to actually use in your sequence or apply it last just before exporting.

I've learned from others to at times do a rough cut sequence with everything I might use from each clip, apply denoise effects and queue that to Media Encoder to run when I'm not at the computer. While I'm in an appointment or overnight, something like that.

Import that back into the project then go back to basic editing, trimming, color & audio.

The same with clips that will get Warp Stabilizer. As nearly every clip I touch will get color work (it's the most fun part, right?) any other intensive effect may result in intermediate processing for me. Some clips or sequences rendering overnight can make the rest of editing and exporting a whole lot sweeter.

I know color is typically done last, but with my projects that involve typically two cameras and maybe 30 minutes of video from each camera in straight clips that I'll chop and blend, sometimes I grade one camera's file, match the other to it, then run the export to DI codec.

Finish editing the project from the already color corrected intermediate files.

I also use the PrPro proxy process for a lot of projects. So even with some stuff applied playback is ok.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines