• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.texture and .dds

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I open a .texture file in Photoshop 2017. I read I can rename to .dds and then open with a plugin but this does not work for 2017. Help appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is its original file format?  Do you want to use it with Layer Styles like Bevel & Emboss, and Filter > Textures, or just overlay it on an image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original file format was .texture. I want to use it and re-colour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you want to use it?  How would you apply it?  What tool or filter would you use?

Would you want it to be raised with an emboss, or just cover the image?

A good example of the latter would be Paper Texture Pro which just uses JPG textures.

Or there is Filter Gallery  > Texture > Texturizer    — You can load additional textures by clicking on the menu bars to the right of the Canvas etc. drop down.

Then there is Layer Style > Bevel & Emboss > Texture which gives you lots of control, and you can load custom 'pattern' files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we are misunderstanding oneanother. I want to open a .texture file, the files is called blablabla.texture, not jpeg or bmp or png or whatever, its called .texture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines