• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw saturation problem

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open and image in camera raw and set the colours and tones to where they look right I then click open to open in photoshop the image looks flat and dull, why is this?

I have a professional monitor that is calibrated with a colour munki

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

The people who have previously reported this problem say that ACR uses the monitor profile for the primary display, even if the ACR window itself is on the secondary display.

So you need to assign displays in the OS accordingly.

I can't confirm any of this myself as I use a single display. I suspect it also depends on where the main Photoshop application is, but again I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either the display profile is defective (which often affects applications differently) - or ACR is using the wrong one. The latter has been reported a few times from multi-display setups. The only known fix for that is to switch main and secondary displays.

If this is the only display it's most likely the profile. Rerun the software, and set it to make version 2 and matrix-based profiles. Version 4 and/or table-based (LUT) profiles are known to be problematic in some situations.

If neither of those, uncheck GPU from both apps' preferences and relaunch. With GPU on, the conversion into the display profile is performed by the GPU, which is less stable and more prone to errors than the traditional CPU-based color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me a little more guidance. I do have a multi monitor setup, the monitor i use for ACR and photoshop is the one I have calibrated.

Im not sure what you mean by matrix based or LUT

How do i stop the GPU for ACR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image saves as the photoshop image if i save it in photoshop. when i click done in ACR it is saved as the saturated image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking Done in ACR doesn't save anything, it just returns you to the same settings next time, picking up where you left.

What are those two monitors, and have you tried switching main and secondary?

By the sound of it, you have one wide and one standard gamut display, and ACR is on the wide gamut unit, but erroneously using the profile for the standard gamut one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, That sounds about right so what do I need to do to sort that out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people who have previously reported this problem say that ACR uses the monitor profile for the primary display, even if the ACR window itself is on the secondary display.

So you need to assign displays in the OS accordingly.

I can't confirm any of this myself as I use a single display. I suspect it also depends on where the main Photoshop application is, but again I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im pretty sure that he problem thanks for your help as I may have solved it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paule. Did you solve the problem? I started having it recently and can't find a solution. The problem is with RAW files opened in ACR. Way over-saturated. Once I save them as a tiff or a jpeg or psd they're fine, but I like to do initial correction in ACR, which is impossible in this scenario. Let me know if you found a solution! Thanks

f90xrudy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to have acquired a problem not unlike the one being discussed in this thread.

For no apparent reason Raw files opened in ACR PS appear very saturated thus I am unable to make colour edits.

When this file is subsequently opened in PS as a PS file it appears normal with accurate colour etc.

I have tried the open/close the GPU box in preferences but it makes no difference.

I run two monitors on win10 but there are no remedies offered by altering any of the settings here either.

The problem seemed to come out of the blue and I cannot seem to find a direct line to Adobe help to get support here - cannot work with this obviously as I do most editing in ACR

Any suggestions welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does the problem persist if you save the image both from Camera Raw and Photoshop? Is the saved image different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines