• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading images from new camera

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a Nikon D5500 and found I couldn't import RAW images to either CS6 or Lightroom 4 on my Mac desktop. After downloading a new driver for Camera Raw I was able to import the images. But that didn't last long. Although I can still import to Camera Raw and Photoshop, Lightroom now says it can't open the images. Do I need a new driver for Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

There is no new driver for your version of Lightroom. If you want to work on your NEF files in Lightroom it will be necessary for you to upgrade to Lightroom 6. You cannot upgrade or update Lightroom with the Camera Raw plug-in. If you don't want to upgrade to Lightroom 6 then you can download the free DNG converter and create DNG copies of your NEF files that you can use with the Lightroom that you have now. Photoshop CS6 can use Camera Raw 9.1. That version of Camera Raw has support for your c

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no new driver for your version of Lightroom. If you want to work on your NEF files in Lightroom it will be necessary for you to upgrade to Lightroom 6. You cannot upgrade or update Lightroom with the Camera Raw plug-in. If you don't want to upgrade to Lightroom 6 then you can download the free DNG converter and create DNG copies of your NEF files that you can use with the Lightroom that you have now. Photoshop CS6 can use Camera Raw 9.1. That version of Camera Raw has support for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all. This is very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi judyh,

You need Lightroom CC/6 to work with raw images from this camera. See Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Please use DNG converter and convert raw images to DNG and then import them in Lightroom. Take a look at Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

You need to upgrade to Lightroom CC/6 to import raw images from this camera.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines