Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering Screen

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently upgraded from Robohelp 9 to 2017 and am in the process of converting Client Projects I manage and it has happened a few times that when I do the conversion and then put the build live, when you click the link to go into the Project, the screen litterally flickers as if it is trying to load, but will not.  If you right click on the page in any location the page will load and all is fine but if you do not right click on the page, it will continue to flicker.

Has anyone else expericed this type of issue and if so, how was it overcome?

Thanks

Wade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Where are you seeing this? Does it happen after you upgrade the project? Am I correct in assuming this would be WebHelp output?

Here's the deal. RoboHelp 9 is about three or four versions old now. And the javaScript code that makes things work in the browser needs nearly constant updating in order to work successfully with newer versions of the browser.

And depending on the browser in use, it may or may not behave.

For example, I'm regularly opening old projects to demonstrate to folks when I facilitate classes. The projects are really old. And if I just double-click them, because Google Chrome is my browser, they freak totally out and behave with mad flickering as you seem to be demonstrating. But if I right-click and open them using Firefox, they more or less behave normally.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp