Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Window doesn't open in Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it's some days now that ADE doesn't open a window, although the icon seems to be active, with ALT + TAB I see a small preview and everything seems normal. But I can't see the screen and can't read a book. I use Windows 10, and I deinstalled ADE 4 and installed ADE 4.5, but the problem isn't fixed. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Hi,

Please follow suggestions from the following document:

Error "E_ADEPT_INTERNAL" | Download protected e-book | Digital Editions

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From the screenshot you added, it seems that ADE is running fine in the background, however, it is not showing up - could be due to some display settings issue. We have not seen this otherwise on Windows 10 machine, so I would suggest you to check the display settings.

Would you be able to try setting the display setting for your desktop to default i.e.- set DPI/scaling to 100% - setting that allow you to increase/decrease size of text within apps. In case the issue persists even after setting the scaling to default 100%, then you may also try adjusting (lowering) the resolution of desktop.

Please try using Task manager to end the old running process of ADE (in case running) and then launch it again after making the above changes.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharad,

I am sorry, but everything I tried didn't work. And ADE is the one and only App that doesn't open this way. I can see it by clicking "Task-Ansicht", but all other Apps I can click on and see the big window. Only ADE not. I work with an WACOM Cintiq 13 HD. Maybe it's a driver problem or some error of the screen-keyboard? I don't know. I deinstalled and reinstalled ADE several times, an Adobe-support-member tried it, too, but he was a muse-expert and couldn't help. I'd just like to see my books again. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click on the display you can maximise. It worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like it to be that easy, but this doesn't work at all. I tried to deinstall and reinstall ADE now with

Installation issues for Adobe Digital Editions 4.0

and for the first time I see the big window again. I can open my books again, but there is still something out of order: When I tried to open a free book I downloaded recently, the authorisation of my computer failed:

ADE_Fehler2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel to be quite near to the goal. What shall I try now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow suggestions from the following document:

Error "E_ADEPT_INTERNAL" | Download protected e-book | Digital Editions

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very disappointed! When I opened ADE today, it first was fully visible, but suddenly it shrinked down again and is as impossible to open the right way again. I tried it on my second computer, and it is all right there, the screen opens, and the book I downloaded opens, too. Why is it only on my laptop that I can't see it in big? I have only these two authorised, not more than six screens. I think some driver is the problem. I work with a WACOM cintiq 13 HD. Maybe this is the reason? Is it possible to download another driver set or a toolkit for drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sharad, I first only followed half the way of your suggestion and didn't know which key I should delete, because there was a folder inside the adobe adept folder with several keys for ADE, but than I saved that folder elsewhere, deleted it n regedit - and it worked! I see the ADE window in big now and everything is well. I only wait until next week if it will be destroyed again. If it will work still then, thank you very much already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, although the steps to follow are not exactly the way you suggested. I had to eliminate a whole folder of ADE-keys in the registry. But now it works, and everything is OK. Thanks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had exactly the same problem as OP and this was the correct solution.

Once I'd maximised, if I clicked on the button to make the window smaller it disappeared again, but grabbing the top of the window and dragging it took it out of maximised mode without making it invisible again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, This worked for me, Also.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue.  Just hover over the icon on your bottom tool bar.  The micro window of ADE will pop up. Right click on THIS window, and click Maximize.... mine popped right up.

I don't even want to know why this was an issue... burned alot of time trying to fix this... Thanks all -

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines