Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic upload Plug in for Lightroom and Smug Mug

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All:

I manage a complicated photo collection with Lightroom CC and Smug Mug. I process the images in LR , then drag and drop them down into the Smug Mug galleries for publishing. The aim is to have an exact duplicate folder structure and contents in both places.

Can I get an automatic upload plugin so I don't have to spend so much time dragging and dropping? I manage over 100 galleries, and it takes quite a bit of time and is rife for operator error.

Thanks!

Alison Taggart-Barone

Photo Editor

Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I have no issues installing the Lightroom Smug Mug Plug-in.

I'm looking for a custom plug-in to automatically update everything from my

LR catalog and folders to the identical SM folders and galleries. As I said

before, currently I have to drag and drop manually to accomplish a

duplicate situation between the two collections and it's extremely time

consuming. How can I get something written to do this automatically?

Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe the existing Smugmug plugins will mirror the folder structure in your catalog.  The plugins are all based on the LR publishing paradigm, where the plugin syncs the published collections in your catalog with the Smugmug service. 

Perhaps changing your workflow would be another way to avoid manual drag-and-drop from folders to collections: Rather than use folders within LR to organize the photos, use the publish collections themselves as the primary means of organizing the photos.  Import the photos into LR from whatever folders they happen to be stored in.  But then organize them into the desired hierarchy using the LR publish collections.

If you want custom plugin programming, you could post a note on the Lightroom SDK forum, where plugin developers hang out: Lightroom SDK . Or you could try contacting Jeffrey Friedl, the most expert developer of LR publishing plugins (but I don't know if he does contract work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you !!! I willow into both of these contacts.

Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines