Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse Sub-navigation cannot be completely centered under main navigation

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do 1 of the following to get this looking better:

1. either keep text centered and center the whole dropdown under each main drop down

or

2. change to left aligned copy

The only way I am seeing to do this is to change the main level navigation to uniform size, which I really don't want to do. Please see image attached. Any help would be appreciated as I am sure I am just missing something.

Thanks so much,

Leslie

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 11.44.00 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Select the "submenu box" and move it, where you want to by using the "Transform" panel or drag the hadles to the left/right of the submenu box wherever you want.:

screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just want to move the widget to display as needed?

link = Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to not space the main navigation out that far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E&Back  wrote

I was hoping to not space the main navigation out that far.

Can you make an image of how you do want it to look and post that please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for the one that is centered but if that isn't do-able, the left aligned one would at least be better.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E&Back  wrote

I am looking for the one that is centered but if that isn't do-able, the left aligned one would at least be better.

they are both doable... I think you have "edit all together" ticked? try unticking it then you can adjust the style however you like

Screenshot (898).png

p.s, link has also been updated = services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uniform spacing selected and it appears not to work with that. I can move them, all is good, then I close it and click on it again and it is back to where it was previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please try unticking the edit together box... Uniform spacing is a different (good) thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did uncheck it and it still was doing what I mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E&Back  wrote

I can move them, all is good, then I close it and click on it again and it is back to where it was previously.

sounds like your system has bigger problems than just Muse mate... I would be willing to try editing the .muse file for you if you place it in your adobe cloud and post a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! Here you go!! When I change it and close it I can reopen it and it's good but when I go to open another link and then go back to the one I Just did, it's back to where it started.

TEST.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the "submenu box" and move it, where you want to by using the "Transform" panel or drag the hadles to the left/right of the submenu box wherever you want.:

screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving them manually wouldn't work but for some odd reason moving them by using the transform panel did. Why would that be?Anyhow - Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works fine here. Are you really sure, that you selected the "submenu" box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - very sure. It is really strange. it will work for a few clicks - then I click a few other links and go back to it and it was back to the left aligned. I will just make sure to use the transform panel going forward. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a little "glitch" in this area of Muse: If you change the width or height of the parent menu, the submenu position will revert. But this seems to be expectable, because changing the parent menu’s size has influence on the relative position of your submenus. Muse simply can’t know, how to apply the new geometry to the submenu position.

My recommendation: Only change the submenu’s position, when you are done with all other modifications of your menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines