Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlock key for premier elements 7

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just loaded premiere 7 on my PC with OS windows 7. Tried loading PEG2 video and it wants a unlock code. The page it refers me to is no longer. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks,

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan what page are you begin referred too?  If you complete the steps listed in Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications are you then able to activate over the Mpeg2 support successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a add media failure box I get when trying to loan my mpeg2 file. This is the page it tells me to go to... Adobe - Error page  to get a unlock key, and as you can see it's giving us a error. I went to your link resolving connections errors and that did not help. I am connected to internet. Its the page I am being refered to that is not there anymore, adobe.com/go/ercodenactivation  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

Susan the individuals in this community may be more familiar with what has occurred regarding Premiere Elements 7.  Beyond the inability activate the mpeg2 support are you able to access any of the online templates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan I also found Troubleshoot video files in Adobe Premiere Elements  ​which seems to contain several steps that may be relevant to utilizing Mpeg2 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan can you try entering your unlock code into the web form at Adobe MPEG Encoder - Enter Encoder Product ID​.  If you can update this discussion with the results it would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I can only export to Wmv. Non of the other options works.

I tried the link and it only works for Mpeg. What about Quick time and Adobe Flash.

Kind regards,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing the free trial of Premiere Elements 15? This will install the necessary components, which may allow version 7 to access the other codecs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have serious interest in video editing and value your time, spend the money on a newer version.  Premiere Elements 7 is 8 years old and that is lightyears in computer tech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill is right. Version 7 could pretty much only edit miniDV and HDV tape-based video. More current versions can edit AVCHD, camcorder video and even 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if premiere 18 will load and convert premiere 7 projects files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should definitely NOT try to open version 7 projects in version 2018.

In fact, I wouldn't even recommend opening version 7 projects in version 8. Premiere Elements is not backward compatible and attempting to open an old project in a newer version of the program can corrupt the project file completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well dang, so if we work on videos in premiere 7 then buy premiere 18 I cannot work on my project from 7, I thought most programs will update from earlier versions programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenman1234567  wrote

... so if we work on videos in premiere 7 then buy premiere 18 I cannot work on my project from 7

Output a final high quality video from version 7 and then use that as input media in a new 2018 project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand and of course.

My computer went down, had to replace the hard drive, and new OS to windows

7. So all my videos 60 or so cannot be worked on anymore, because they were

not finished or turned into videos. I tried opening a premiere 7 video

project into premiere 14 and when it asks for the media I used, it will not

import because of the audio was created in 5 channel and edited on 2

channel. Is there a way around this? Dang there is always something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend keeping version 7 installed (in addition to other versions) if you need to work on version 7 projects.  You can output a high quality video as was suggested, but you will not be able to modify any edits done in version 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I cant work on premiere 7 anymore because i upgraded my OS to windows 7 and it needs a unlock key to work on my projects now and that is not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the @same question, have for the first time been asked to enter serial number to get an unlock code. I can't find the spot to enter this number to get the code. I have am using Premiere Elements 7 and have always been able to burn a DVD till this week. Just need to know where I enter this serial number they prompt me to enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"need to know where I enter this serial number they prompt me to enter."

Isn't there a blank for filling in the serial number on this prompt? There is every time I've seen it. Which version of the program are you running on what operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Vista - don't laugh...but I have always been able to burn a DVD (although it has been a few months). When I go to burn the DVD a pop up window presents itself that provides a serial number and a link.  When I click on the link I  am directed to an Adobe page which I think no longer works as it quickly says something like "treading on waters" and then an Adobe page comes up. But I cannot find the field to enter the serial number any where on that page. I beleive the correct page is no longer there...

In the mean time I have figured it by persistant readings of the various forum comments. thank god...

Take the serial number they give you on the pop up and go to this website www.adobe.com/motion/mpegactivation.html

which is "Adobe MPEG encoder activation" and enter it in and hit submit.  Wait and a page comes up that provides you with the code/ number at the bottom - this is your unlock key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't said which version of the program you're using, but it sounds like you may be using an older version that is trying to trigger an activation link that is no longer active.

In any event, I'm glad you were able to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry - it is a really old one - Premiere Elements 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines