• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filmstrip size is stuck - resetting preferences doesn't fix it?

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filmstrip somehow became oversized, and I am unable to find an edge to grab to make it smaller.  I tried deleting the LR preferences from the library in my Mac, restarting the computer and then opening LR.  I delete the file com.adobe.lightroom6.plist, but it reappears after I open LR again, and the problem continues.  I also tried restoring preferences, but I still have the issue.  I'm running Sierra 10.12.4, which was recently updated, but I've had the problem for a couple of weeks, since before the update.  I took a screen shot, but I'm not sure how to attach it here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Meanwhile, please add your me-too vote and details of your issue to the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Filmstrip is covering / overlapping filter- and breadcrumb bar | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Even though support says an update is coming out that will fix the problem, Adobe customer support is notoriously unreliable, so personally I wouldn't attach high confidence to that statement.  There are  a few user-interface bugs that Adobe thought was fixed in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the answer given at- Filmstrip in Lightroom CC overlaps and cannot be reduced

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of the suggestions in that link.  None of them work.  Every time I reopen LR, and turn on the filmstrip, it overlaps.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just guessing at answers really!-

Toggle panel views:   F6  (function key 6),  [Shift+Tab],   also Tool bar .

Minimize the entire Lr window and re-size.

And are you running v6.9 CC2015.9 ?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 6.9 CC2015.9.  This is hugely frustrating!  None of the suggestions above or in the couple of links about the issue seem to help.  I guess I'll have to contact support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say specifically which workarounds you tried, but this workaround described in the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum has worked for most people: Lightroom: Filmstrip is covering / overlapping filter- and breadcrumb bar | Photoshop Family Custome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of the suggestions in that link.  I've deleted the com.adobe.lightroom6.plist file from preferences, restarted the computer and LR.  I've tried resetting preferences on startup of LR.  I've tried unchecking show tab bar in the window menu.  I've tried checking and unchecking the film strip in the panel menu.  I've tried making sure LR was in standard screen mode.  None of these things has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to triple check: Did you unselect Window > Show Tab Bar and then restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did.  Did not correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could post a full-resolution screenshot of your LR window showing the issue. There might be some subtle differences between what you and others are experiencing, and the screenshot might give some clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 9.49.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tab Bar is visible in the screenshot.  The bug happens when Window > Show Tab Bar is checked -- you have to keep it unchecked after restarting LR, or else the bug will occur again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I restart LR, the tab bar is automatically checked again.  I'm not checking it myself.  I don't see an option to keep it turned off.  Do you think I should uninstall and reinstall LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent over 2 hours in chat with support today.  They were unable to fix it, but there is an update coming out in a few days that is supposed to take care of it.  We'll see, as my case seems to be worst than most.  Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile, please add your me-too vote and details of your issue to the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Filmstrip is covering / overlapping filter- and breadcrumb bar | Photoshop Family Custome... . Even though support says an update is coming out that will fix the problem, Adobe customer support is notoriously unreliable, so personally I wouldn't attach high confidence to that statement.  There are  a few user-interface bugs that Adobe thought was fixed in the last release but weren't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have added to that forum.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines