Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Aftereffects CC slow loading progress

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all experts ~

Recently I just purchased an after effect template from ThemeForest, I'm trying to make a corporate video for

my website, but when I open the file in after effect it seems like lagging, I did drop an email to the author and request

for a solution. they replied me just downgrade my version to CS6 then everything will work properly. I have followed

their instruction and test again but the result still the same.

May I know anyone can teach me how to solve this issue?

p/s: The laptop that I using is a brand new gaming laptop ( Alienware ), I think the spec is enough to fulfill the after effect.

[personal information removed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It might not be but try to clear up your media and cache in the preferences.

Also check what render is being used in the composition settings.

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel,

I have clean the media and cache ~ but still.......@_@

because the author also found out the CC version have a slow loading progress on their template,

that's why they suggest me to use adobe CS6 version.

the Main reason I bought the template because the character they created is so cute suitable for me

to make a video explainer myself to promote my corporate gifts website, so I need some expert here

to give me a guide to solve this issue T_T

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try CS6? It's included in your CC subscription. So is the original CC release as well as CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.3, and CC 2017 - and they can all be installed alongside each other without issue. See this page for how to download previous versions (they're not where it looks like they would be).

Anyway, if CS6 works, I'd try using CC 2014 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ray,

Try and do what Szalam mention, also you can work with the project on a lower res playback like quarter.

Anyhow some projects are just too heavy, specially if you have a lot of complex stuff going on. O saw the template and it seems to have a lot of layers, characters etc.

I have a high end desktop and I still have some laggy projects.

Good Luck

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some projects are going to be laggy no matter how powerful your hardware is. Complex things are slow. If you're new to AE, sometimes it can seem like things are wrong, but that may be normal. Templates are often very complex. What template was it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam,

the template is the " Pixity Land | Character Explainer Toolkit " I bought from ThemeForest

I think the template is not so complex, just don't know why so laggy @_@

Pixity Land

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi raygorgor,

Did you ever fix your lag on loading files? Let us know if changing versions of After Effects helped at all.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines