• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 Slow Performance

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have severe performance problem with almost any version (except for old one CS3 under Windows XP). The problem is that InDesign CC 2017 stuck on any symbol type for about 30 seconds on existing document (complex one, but not crazy complex). Stuck almost on any operation including symbol typing, page removing or text column relocation. Document of a few pages, has a lot of text in columns and images. Checked on different machines, currently on AMD Quad-Core 3.8GHz, 8Gb RAM. InDesign task uses 30% of CPU for the whole time. I can send my document, please let me know how can I do it. Please help. We recently bought a few licences, but can't use it until the problem will be solved. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the first things I do is disable Live Preflight. I'm not sure if that will solve your problem, but it's one thing to try. At the bottom of a document's window, click the menu next to the preflight status and choose Enable Preflight for All Documents (so it ends up being unchecked).

InDesign CCScreenSnapz001.png

Is InDesign only slow on just that one file, or all files?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines