Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Before' images no longer visible, Lightroom mobile iphone 7 older images

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a good good many problems with my Lightroom desktop and Lightroom Mobile.  I wish adobe would me more proactive in reading these forums.  I have photos originally taken on an iPhone 6 all migrated over to iPhone 7.  Everything was working great.  Now for some reason when I press and hold to see the 'before' image it no longer shows.  I can see the current adjustments applied in the sliders, but I can no longer see the 'before' image.  Why?  I have images originally taken with an iPhone 4s, migrated to 6 and now 7.  All was well until I looked at some of the older photos.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure what you mean by migrated photos?

Normally you simply install LR Mobile on the new device and sync from the Creative Cloud.

You can log-into your LR Mobile Webspace using the link below, to see what is in the cloud.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use 'the cloud'.  I have been using Lightroom mobile for three years, in that time I have had three phones (one damaged, one stolen).  I use local desktop backups of my phones to migrate to the next phone.  Looking at older photos in Lightroom on my phone, the older photos no longer have previews and even some that do do not allow me to see the unadjusted images any longer.  Why are older photos behaving this way in Lightroom Mobile?

Thanks for your suggestion.  Clouds are expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you are using the free version of LR Mobile you need to export the latest photos from LR desktop and add them to you phone using wifi or a connection dongle.

Full sync and premium features (mobile selective adjustments) only works with a creative cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not using the free version.  It is the Adobe Creative Suite. None of my images reside in the cloud. I only use the cloud authentication to facilitate syncing when my phone is physically connected to the computer.  Right now due to another technical issues I cannot get Lightroom desktop to log into the cloud.  Maybe once this is fixed the older photos on my phone will begin to function again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines