Exit

Fixed background removal

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody !

So my trouble is this :

I would like to remove the background on this clip and make it transparent so it can be used in another footage. It is a videogame character animation playing on a fixed background, screenrecorded by me.

forum adobe.png

I have, in the timeline, the pixel perfect copy of the background, without the moving character. I have trouble thinking that there are no ways to "substract" the two or something to obtain the perfect result.

Apparently I'm not very good at keying because there are always part of the moving image that get transparent.

I of course tried to rotoscope it, but I have dozens of those to do, so I need a quicker way.

Big thanks to whomever will help me !

Sorry for the approximate english.

Cheers.

I'm using the CC 2017.1 Release (version 14.1.0.57).

PC Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 32 Go Ram

The footage is in x264 encapsulated in .mov, 60 fps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Pre-compose your empty background and tweak it with effects like Levels, Then use the Difference Matte keyer or Difference blending modes in the main comp to generate a matte with which you can cut out your characters.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pre-compose your empty background and tweak it with effects like Levels, Then use the Difference Matte keyer or Difference blending modes in the main comp to generate a matte with which you can cut out your characters.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines