• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing InDesign document to ePub - shaded text boxes are cut off slightly

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing to ePub [fixed layout] from InDesign CC [2017], my shaded text boxes are cut along one side. They are shaded and have an outline that are both slightly cut either on the right side or on the bottom. In all cases the boxes are well within the page. Some boxes appear correctly on a page while others on the same page may display incorrectly when exported as ePub files. I am viewing with Adobe Digital Editions but with iBooks the same occurs.  I have attempted many fixes including creating new boxes. In fact while attempting some fixes, boxes that had been displaying correctly in ePub previously, also then became cut off. Any ideas on fixes will be greatly appreciated?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots would probably help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll attach some pics that will hopefully demonstrate what I mean. The context is rather specific. The ePub is a training manual for instructors who are delivering our programs in classrooms to young students. They use iPads to access the ePub file that uses interactivity to provide teaching hints and answers. These are accessible on page loading but can be cleared to see the same page as students' print copy.

Artboard 1.png

You can see that the box at the top on the first page is cut off. Also the second image is a second page where the top box is cut off while other boxes are correctly exported. All of the boxes have been converted into buttons for the purposes of animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see the same shots from the InDesign page? What is the page set up dimensions in InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 08.08.01.png

Screenshot 2017-04-05 08.12.06.png

I've opened the Preflight panel and the layers panel just for your information. I've also turned on 'hidden characters' and have the screen display at 'normal'.

I hope this helps. I've now moved onto a third workbook and the same is occurring spasmodically throughout the ePub versions as with this workbook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry and the dimension for the pages are the same across all workbooks - Screenshot 2017-04-05 08.16.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never tried using spreads for FXL EPUB. As an experiment create a 1024x768 document and copy/paste a few pages of content.

Then create a new EPUB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has fixed it but all of my documents are print documents that I'm now converting to  ePub with a layer over the top that is animated. I would therefore have to paste all workbooks across into the new page size ...

https://indd.adobe.com/view/f74f29ff-63ee-4f1d-b9a1-c4896af3814f

Screenshot 2017-04-05 08.49.42.png

Is there another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the pages in the original document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's set up as a print document to size A4.

Screenshot 2017-04-05 10.56.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try exporting spreads as single pages.

BTW, the 1024x768 suggestion was for pixels, not mm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines