• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrectly formatted sitemap

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a client complain that the sitemap on their site is 'incorrectly formatted and Google doesn’t recognise one being available'. I've published with the latest 2017 Muse (where I'm aware they changed the sitemaps). Can anyone shed any light on what they might mean? The sitemap is added to Webmaster tools just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Since no one is giving you any help...that site is pretty unreliable...if your webmaster tools says you are indexed ...you are indexed...check "google.com" on that site, it doesn't show google indexed in Bing or yahoo...pretty funny but that's another subject all in itself!

If you pm me your email...I'll be glad to take a look at a few things for you. You are not going to get much help with SEO here except from J26...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ConnectCreative,

It would help people here greatly if you could post a screenshot of what is happening, or post a URL of the site here (even better).

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't have a screenshot, I'm going on the clients information that there is an 'incorrectly formatted sitemap that Google doesn't recognise.

Here's the URL http://www.itstrac.co.uk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ConnectCreative,

Looks like there is some kind of confusion to your client.If you are able to

If the sitemap wasn't recognized by google how come you are able to upload it to the Webmaster?

Please contact your client and try to get more information about their issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your reply. The sitemap is appearing fine in Webmaster Tools, but today the client is claiming it is not indexed by Google. See below:

Screenshot 2017-04-04 13.33.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since no one is giving you any help...that site is pretty unreliable...if your webmaster tools says you are indexed ...you are indexed...check "google.com" on that site, it doesn't show google indexed in Bing or yahoo...pretty funny but that's another subject all in itself!

If you pm me your email...I'll be glad to take a look at a few things for you. You are not going to get much help with SEO here except from J26...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, this is getting worse everyday since the client fires a new SEO 'problem' email almost everyday now and I'm running out of ideas (and sanity!).

I'd really, really appreciate any input you may have that would help - working freelance on my own leaves nowhere to turn but forums. I think John at J26 must be getting tired of my questions by now! I'll PM you my email, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the "some files on the server are missing or incorrect" when I try to access the URL. Can you ask your client to try the solutions in Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing  and let us know if they helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully I answered most of your questions Neil...good talking with you from "across the pond"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines