Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export AE 3D Shapes to 3DS Max?

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

So I am working on an animation at the moment. I wanted to export the animated layers as an OBJ file with the camera movement but i can't figure it out.

I have animated my 2D Vector shape in 3D then I have used the new render Cinema 4D to extrude it.

I have tried to open it in the cinema 4D and export it as an OBJ file but when I open it it wont open my 2D/3D object, when I click the show in the cineware it shows an empty work-space with no light etc. But on my AE timeline i can see my 3D Shapes. When I click Extract it only extracts the lights and camera, not the object.

How Can I export it into a OBJ? Is it possible?

Many Thanks!

forum.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

I have animated my 2D Vector shape

You can't do that. OBJs must be static geometry. Using any animation will not meet that criteria and the renderer doesn't create persistent native C4D stuff, anyway. That aside, you are completely wasting your time with such a crooked workflow since this stuff works differently between C4D vs. MAX. Simply import your vector artwork directly into MAX and do whatever needs to be done with it there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have animated my 2D Vector shape

You can't do that. OBJs must be static geometry. Using any animation will not meet that criteria and the renderer doesn't create persistent native C4D stuff, anyway. That aside, you are completely wasting your time with such a crooked workflow since this stuff works differently between C4D vs. MAX. Simply import your vector artwork directly into MAX and do whatever needs to be done with it there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium,

Thanks for the reply, I totally agree. The only reason i wanted to animate in AE is  because it is much easier for me.

I was avoiding doing everything in Max but i guess I have no choice.

Anyhow thanks for clarifying.

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines