• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!!! [Opened Lightroom and it is empty. No images.]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help please. I edited some photos this morning- no problem. Opened up lightroom this evening and it is completely empty. It even welcomed me and tried to run through start up demos. Thousands of photos have vanished. I've signed on and out, logged on and off. Nothing. Strangely on LR mobile the collections are still showing though I'm scared if I try syncing then they will all vanish too... I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

After a late night exploration of all my menus, I discovered I had accidentally turned off my display.

I reset it back to Full Screen and viola! Magically everything reappeared. Whew!

Thank you everybody who responded to my pleas for help.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have most likely opened (accidentally) a new catalog file. In Lightroom, go to FIle->Open Recent and select each catalog file shown there until you fidn the one with your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you can press Shift Or Opt key while launching the Lightroom and it will show all the recent used catalog in Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - I have the correct catalog open, BUT no images are appearing.  Even when I go through the pull down menus to go to the Library Gird - nana - nothing - only a blank screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see any thumbnails under the library panel with the Question mark on them?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a late night exploration of all my menus, I discovered I had accidentally turned off my display.

I reset it back to Full Screen and viola! Magically everything reappeared. Whew!

Thank you everybody who responded to my pleas for help.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show me a screen capture.

Please use your operating system's search feature to find all files whose name ends with .LRCAT. For each one found, double-click on it to open it in Lightroom so you can see if it shows the photos you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you certain that you have the correct catalog open? What you are describing sounds like you have opened or created a brand new catalog, not the same catalog you did the work in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I can open other catalogs of images and can see everything just fine. But when I open the catalog that I was editing in today and left open while having dinner, all my images disappeared even through Lightroom is telling me it has the correct catalog open. 

HELP - I have thousands of images in this catalog and I can't see anything in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having similar issues.

1. Opening existing catalog:

a. In one catalog, file names recognized but no images. LR can't locate image files. (.dng or raw)

b. In another catalog, can see images, but can't locate them as above.

c. Go to import, says it cannot find target folder and defaults to picture folder.

2. Create new catalog but when go to import, it cannot find catalog or target folder I just created and defaults to picture folder.

All image files and folders and .lrcat files exist in correct locations on disk and can be located. Opening Lightroom catalog by clicking directly on catalog file opens catalog but files and folders remain unlocated.

Please help. This is a major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bsginc​

This is a different problem than the one in this thread. Please start a new thread and explain your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? This thread is about missing images. That is one of three similar and related problems I am having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The original thread was about images that vanished. You are not talking about this, you are talking about images that have a missing indicator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines