• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing numbers from file names when exporting layers to files???

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running CC 2017 and have not found a working way to edit the script to remove the numbers at the beginning of the file name when exporting layers to files. I did this for CS6, but every tutorial I find does not show me how to do it in CC 2017. I keep finding tutorials for CC 2015, but the line numbers given in every tutorial I have found does not match the line numbers in the .jsx file I have on my system.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Line 2179 - fileNameBody += "";

Line 2181 - fileNameBody += "" + layerName;

Line 2215 - fileNameBody += "";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, this doesn't match the "Export Layers To Files.jsx" I have on my system. The document I have only goes up to Line 1330.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange because im using cc2017, .. What you should do is either use Dreamweaver or download Atom or w.e program your using and search for those lines and make the adjustments. I was searching for a solution just like you yesterday but didn't find an answer. That's the solution that I had to do. also make sure your not looking at the layer comps to files .jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using dream weaver. I'll do a search for those specific lines and see if I can work something out.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you still cant find it let me know id be more than happy to look at the file for you if you duplicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines