• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS 77D and RAW import

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this camera was only released this month, but I cannot import RAW files from my SD Card. When I set the camera to JPEG there are no problems at all.

Anyone got any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to wait until the next update of Lightroom. Adobe has to implement the new RAW format is the software.

Meanwhiile you have to use the Canon software DPP.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe updates RAW support for new camera models in Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw update  approximately every three months, the last update was released on March 7th 2017.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased this camera Tuesday.  I am able to import, open, and process RAW files in Photoshop Elements 15.   The ACR in Elements 15 works with the 77D raw files.  I believe that the update has been released already.  It was either last week or over the weekend (can't remember) that I received a software update from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, check your sd card reader.  I bought a cheap one and every time I transferred files the raw would be corrupt but the jpeg okay.  The lower end card readers can't handle the raw.  I lost mine and got one from 5 and Below to hold me over and i thought my camera was damaged because of the corrupted RAW files.  After talking to Canon support and buying a better card reader I released it wasn't the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera requires Lightroom CC 2015.10 or Lightroom 6.10 (the very latest update). If you are still using Lightroom 5 you can download DNG converter 9.10 and convert your raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no update to Lr5 coming that will allow importing of canon 77d raw pics?

thanks

d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. You have to update to Lightroom 6 or CC. Otherwise you have to convert the RAW files with DNG converter.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines