• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Lightroom 2015.8 Release my side panels suddenly disappear

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 2015.8 on my MAC both my side panels disappear at what seems like random times. I need to restart Lightroom CC to get them back. I have tried to Control Click in the area but nothing appears.  This has never happened before. I am not a new user.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Are you seeing the solid black side bars in Develop. It is a known issue although usually intermittent on some Mac OS computers; but usually running Sierra. You could follow the thread below for progress. A couple of work-arounds:

Press G to go back to the Library grid followed by D to get back to Develop.

Minimize your window and then click the LR dock icon to re-open.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bu gs

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be hitting the Tab key, which opens and closes the side panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat feature.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trshaner: I am certain I am not hitting Tab key, but thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing the solid black side bars in Develop. It is a known issue although usually intermittent on some Mac OS computers; but usually running Sierra. You could follow the thread below for progress. A couple of work-arounds:

Press G to go back to the Library grid followed by D to get back to Develop.

Minimize your window and then click the LR dock icon to re-open.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bu gs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon: i finally had chance to try your method as my side panels did not go black yesterday. The panels did reappear after opening by hitting the LP icon on the dock. At first they went black and I kept re trying the minimizing - reopening technique. I got the panels to stay open for now by moving from Develop mode to print mode and back to Library. Go figure? There is clearly a bug in the new update and I hope Adobe fixes it soon.  Thanks so much for helping me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesn't work for me.  Still missing all the history and develop tools.  All I have is black.  It seems to come and go at whim.  Hope this gets fixed.  Basically I can't use the program at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines